Dynamis doesn't work with florescent lighting

Started by Sabadu, March 20, 2014, 12:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabadu

My Dynamis control center won't work if I have florescent lighting on in the room.  I tried LED lights but that did not work either.  Incandescent bulbs are being phased out.  This is becoming a real issue.

bapguy

Dynamis work with an infrared signal. Make sure you have line of sight with the receiver. I don't think florescent lighting should interfere. Joe

Stephen D. Richards

Mine works fine and I have the Pro Box as well.

Hunt

Experiment with lower color temperature lighting. A "Warm White"  fluorescent light color temperature is around 2700K while the "Daylight" type is about 6500K.

Direct sun light has a color temperature of about 5500-6500K.

Bucksco

Adding the Pro box does help with lighting issues...

Bob_B

I've read elsewhere that placing an aluminium foil "umbrella" or a more aesthetically pleasing stainless steel (mixing) bowl above the receiver can deflect any interference from lighting etc.

Sabadu

I guess the question is whether I should feel compelled to go through the work arounds on a new item?  Wouldn't this be considered a defect? Old software developers would say "it's not a bug; it's a feature".

I have registered this issue with the Bachmann service folks, but have not heard back yet.

Doneldon

Sabadu-

No, it's not a defect, or at least it's not something for which Bachmann has liability. Bachmann chose to use IR remote control rather than RF. It's a reasonable choice with proven technology. If you doubt that, check 100% of TV remotes and almost 100% audio/video remotes, including those at the very top end. And remember, Bachmann didn't try to disguise the fact that their remote is IR. It's plainly stated in their promotional literature and advertising.

Many, many people use the Bachmann wireless Dynamis satisfactorily. Some environments, like those with a lot of little cubby holes or fluorescent light aren't well suited to the Dynamis wireless system, but it's the consumer's responsibility to inform him/herself about the features and characteristics of various items for sale, and make a decision based on those characteristics and features, as well as affordability. Perhaps it is unfortunate that you chose an IR system for your location but that choice is not Bachmann's responsibility and therefore it's neither a defect or something which Bachmann is obligated to correct for you.
                                                                                                                                                                                               -- D

richg

With all the DCC forums I belong to, that is what I see a fair amount of times. Buyer do not do any DCC research or read the manuals, details in the ads, on line.

Rich