News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas N scale models idea

Started by TrainFan97, March 30, 2014, 06:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

Hi.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea for Bachmann to start making Thomas & Friends models in N scale. That would be the third scale for their Thomas models. Starting off HO, then Large, and if they started making Thomas models in N scale, I wonder how good they'd sell.

The N scale models probably wouldn't have an eye mechanism, because they'd be too small for that. N scale would be for those who would like models even smaller than HO scale.

Should Bachmann give their Thomas models a third scale? Would that be a good idea? I think so. Maybe it would start out like the HO models. The first engines being Thomas, Percy, and James.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

I strongly agree with this!  I am glad I am not the only one who thinks that this is a good idea!  N scale is surprisingly a popular scale amongst modelers, and Bachmann owning the rights to produce N scale Thomas products would be a smart idea.  Tomix proved to be popular and getting a hold of any models in the range online (especially Percy and Henry) is very difficult.  Especially when it comes to the prices they are worth too. 

I even think that an N scale line would open more possibilities for more locomotives compared to large scale since the large scale line is restricted in some ways due to size.  With N scale, chances of seeing larger engines like Henry and Gordon would be much higher.  I do think a moving eye mechanism would be out of the question since details like that would be harder to make in N scale. I certainly hope this is something Bachmann can look into for the near future since I know it will be very successful.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

thomasj219

I hope that if BACHMANN expands to N they will do the narrow gauge.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TrainFan97

When comparing N scale to HO scale, the Narrow Gauge engines aren't really THAT small compared to the Standard Gauge engines.

I don't really think there's a chance for Bachmann to make the Narrow Gauge engines. :( Oh well, but a new N scale Thomas line would definitely be welcome. Even if it's still the same engines in the other two scales, I'd still buy them.

Bachmann must make a new N scale Thomas line, starting off with Thomas, Percy, and James. N scale Thomas products would sell great! Narrow Gauge or not. They wouldn't have an eye mechanism, but they'd still be great models.

Hopefully this time, Thomas, Percy, and James would have better faces and front couplers.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

They should make an N Scale Gordon and Edward! They would be just too cool for school!:)

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Thomas items are licensed in all scales and countries.
We do not have the license, so we can't make N Scale items.
That simple...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jward

I believe tomix made Thomas in n scale. not sure if they still do, but I bought one about 10 years ago.

as for n scale narrow guage, do you know what you're asking for? n scale has lenty of contact problems as it is, I can't see where an extremely lightweight  narrow guage engine would be worth the trouble it would take to get it running well.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

TrainFan97

Too bad Bachmann doesn't own the license to make Thomas products in scales other than HO and Large. Oh well. I just have to accept that. Maybe N scale wouldn't go so well after all.