News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Loco Still Under Warrantee ?

Started by MarkInLA, April 08, 2014, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkInLA

Hi all. Is there a way to find out if a particular loco of mine is still under warrantee ? I misplaced info on my end and thus can't recall how long I've owned it/them. One loco Idid cause damage to. But other one has completely lost sound, something I did not cause ( please no programing suggestions. I've done them ALL: (CV 128, CVs 30 -2 , 8-8 , 19 -0, 'still in consist', 29-38 ). It's Broken either in decoder, speaker, or wires of.  Thanks, Mark

Doneldon

Mark-

In a word, yes, your warranty is still in effect because it's a lifetime warranty. But let's now throw some more words at your question and confuse things. What isn't clear is whether you are still within the first year during which repairs are free. If you can't remember just when you purchased the loco my guess would have to be that it was more than that critical year ago. If you registered your purchase with Bachmann they will know if you're still within the first year but, if you're like most folks, you didn't do that.

So ... yes, your loco is under warranty but you'll have to pay the $25 service and return postage charge.

-- D

MarkInLA

Much appreciated. But you state $25.  I thought non spectrum is $35 and Spectum is $45.  No ? Also, HO mogul needs: sound loss fixed, pilot truck spring, pin/rivet in small horizontal rod linkage (held together presently with tiny twisted copper wire), dynamo pipe broken off,  and engine hesitates in reverse and lifts up and down at cab end with each driver rev (but may exist in ALL the moguls). With all this is it a given that repair Dept. will total it and send new mogul to me ? I prefer the repairs instead as I like the way I weathered her.....
P.S. Shipping a 2-8-0 also. But only needs two wires reattached (one is torn from orange plug. Other is at edge of upper rear decoder). All still $25 each ?  
Thanks much,  Mark

rogertra

Pilot truck spring?  I remove all mine.

Dynamo exhaust pipe?  Easily fixed by yourself.

The other problems suggest something serious, as though the engine has been dropped at some time?

Bachmann, to the best of my knowledge, usually do not repair engines sent back, it's cheaper for them just to replace them with a new engine.

If you like the weathering job you've done on this engine, I suggest you remove the body and send back just the chassis.  Also keep the tender if that's also been weathered.  Contact Bachmann and see what they say.

The dynamo is an easy fix with a small drill bit and a small diameter wire, I've done that myself.

Best of luck.

Cheers

Roger.

Doneldon

Quote from: MarkInLA on April 10, 2014, 10:48:08 PM
Much appreciated. But you state $25.  I thought non spectrum is $35 and Spectum is $45.

Mark-

You're probably right; I am probably behind on my charges as I haven't sent anything back for a long time.

-- D

MarkInLA

Stephen D. Richards

It is still 25.00 dollars for non Spectrum repairs off of full warranty.

jbrock27

...as long as non-DCC and in HO or N scale.  It's all outlined in black and white when clicking on the "Parts, Service and Information" section , then "Service Dept. Information" on the Home screen of this site.
Keep Calm and Carry On