Main Menu

repair the points on a crossover

Started by CSX_jdv, March 30, 2014, 01:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSX_jdv

I have a E-Z Command DCC #6 Single Crossover Turnout - Right
(#444138) and one of the points has broken at the pivot point closest
to the frog.

Is this repairable and if so, anyone ever done the repair? How was the repair done?
Thanks.
Thomas, Percy, Toby, Mavis, Diesel (all converted to DCC).

trainmainbrian

Replace with a new turnout switch.... I have never attempted to repair a switch myself....
If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...

richg

This is going to be tough. Expensive crossover also. About $85.00 but did not find that model number.
If you have the mechanical abilities, it is possible. I have hand laid code 100 turnouts.
Without the crossover right in front of me, no idea on what to do right now. Hopefully others will jump in.
Google, bachmann ez track points is all I can say right now. Look though a bunch of links. You will see what I mean.

Rich

jward

while this is shown for the throwbar on a handlaid switch, it could probably be adapted to the hinge on the points as well.

http://fast-tracks.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

AGSB

He has one too many 4s in the model number. The actual number is 44138.

richg

Quote from: AGSB on April 02, 2014, 09:44:37 AM
He has one too many 4s in the model number. The actual number is 44138.

Yeah. Obvious Man told me that right after I posted. lol

Rich

jward

Quote from: trainmainbrian on April 01, 2014, 10:02:46 PM
Replace with a new turnout switch.... I have never attempted to repair a switch myself....

if you have no experience with this why did you post? you do this quite often.....
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA