News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-4 Locomotives

Started by WGL, April 09, 2014, 02:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

Is there a reason you did not opine this until now?  You first posted on 4/9/14.
Keep Calm and Carry On

WGL

I just acquired a BLI Paragon NYC J1e / J1d Hudson on eBay that was rated New in Box, an older model from an estate sale.  I tried it on its default address 03, & it ran but without sound.  I was gratified that it ran my 22" curves without derailing.  I tried it again, pressing the 10 number buttons on my Digitrax controller until I heard it chuff & the whistle blow.  Then, it stopped running; only its lights work.  I tried programing it to another address on a programing track, but my Digitrax could not read its decoder.  I tested the programing track with a BLI diesel, & the Digitrax read its address.  I followed instructions to remove the reset jumper in the tender, put the tender back on the track & turn the power back on, but there were no 3 whistle sounds to signal a factory reset.  I went to BLI's website to post on their forum, but I could not find it.  I'm afraid they don't have it anymore.  I don't know anyone nearby with expertise.

Hunt

The issues you are having are common.

Click Here for links to BLI support.

Also use the Digitrax Tech Support Depot

WGL

Thanks, Hunt.  I e-mailed BLI support yesterday but haven't heard from them.  I'll search the documents at those links.

WGL

I purchased the smallest needle nose pliers I could find & at Radio Shack, a forceps for electronics.  The forceps worked & I removed the plug!  Inserting it the other way was not working & the cables were twisted in that position, so I inserted it the same way gently.  Nothing happened on my tracks. I pushed the plug in a bit more & got sparks from near the tether, possibly from the wire that goes from the tender to the wheels. 

At least, I can return the locomotive & tender the way I received them, in their separate compartments.

M1FredQ

Just a note

In the plastic model airplane world the model kits today are really nice

BUT

There are those who want more detail and there are lots of after market detail sets to make your plane very detailed and realistic.

I think the same could be going on with this hobby, if not already.

I welcome it becuz as long as WBB does what it does and keeps the prices down I can do my own "dabbling".

wjstix

Quote from: WGL on April 29, 2014, 08:23:49 PM

At least, I can return the locomotive & tender the way I received them, in their separate compartments.

If the engine and tender were separate when you got them, I'd be sure they were connected correctly before sending it back. It may be the problem is something as simple as the connecting plug between engine and tender didn't get pushed in all the way. Believe me, it does happen.  :-[