News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Magnetic air hoses

Started by richg, April 23, 2014, 12:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

Just watched an video about these hoses. Some here might like them. Successful operation might depend on the radius of the curves.

Google MagnaLock air hoses

Rich

jonathan

That's some extreme modeling!  Seems like it would take an eternity to add those little guys to all my rolling stock.  :)

Regards,

Jonathan

richg

Someone in another forum found an easier way to install them but did not post any details. He said they work on 18 inch curves. The magnets are strong enough to pull a car along when you try to uncouple so might have to hold the car with one hand.

Rich

electrical whiz kid

Wouldn't it be just as easy to work with magne-matics?  Actually, I am looking forward to the day when you can get actual moving figures...(Preiser, anyone?) magne-matic, of course...
Rich C.

richg

This is just more advance modelling. Google it and watch the video.

Just like going from DC to DCC.
Some are happy with DC.
Some want more advance modelling which has its own issues and plenty of them.

Rich

Royce Wilson

I am looking forward to the day when RC is fully intergrated into model railroading.just think,No more track wiring!

Royce Wilson :o

richg

Quote from: Royce Wilson on May 03, 2014, 05:07:19 PM
I am looking forward to the day when RC is fully intergrated into model railroading.just think,No more track wiring!

Royce Wilson :o

Off topic but it is here.
Three different companies sell it now. They also run on a DC or DCC layout to charge the batteries or just no wires at all.
Google it.

Rich

Royce Wilson

Sorry for being off topic,my bad and it will not happen again.

Royce

GN.2-6-8-0

Just received the May issue of MR and there's a good article on installing these air hoses
Rocky Lives