What/where is the ' item number ' ?

Started by MarkInLA, May 05, 2014, 10:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkInLA

Sorry, I've used Bachmann repair in past. I now need to send in 2 again. Yet I can't recall now what the ' item number ' is...! Is it the Bmann model No. such as :  HO, 2-8-0 W/sound is item number ........But I go to your pictures of the locos available, the item number changes for each road name...Connie is packed to go to you with the mogul. Yet I can't recall Connie's road name (was going to change it some day). So I don't know its item No. ! Or am I way off base ?     Mark

the Bach-man

Dear Mark,
The Item No. is the number that appears in the catalog.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Doneldon

Mark-

Yes, different road names have different model numbers because that is the best way a manufacturer can keep inventory. The alternatives would be adding a hyphenated number to indicate road name or an abbreviation of the road name. Either of those would require another field in the data base which would add cost and complication.
                                                                                                                            -- D

rogertra

I re-decal all my home road engines and if the item number is road name specific, then I'm stuck as I haven't a clue what the item originally was.

In that case, I'd just pick some random item number for that loco model.  Who really cares what the original number was?

Cheers.

Roger T.

Bucksco

You may want to give the service department a call before sending anything if you are unsure....
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/service_2010.php

jbrock27

By the looks of it, it would seem that Mark would have their number on speed dial.
Keep Calm and Carry On

MarkInLA

Ha ha ha to jbrock ! But you aren't that far off ... After I started thread I had to unpack loco anyway. So, Connie is a C&O. And, ironically, the road name I DO want after all, as my RR is loosely based on L&N's Hagans switchback. C&O is ideal for interchanging with.. Go figure !   Thanks for replies....Mark

jbrock27

Good luck with the repairs Mark.  I hope you get them back promptly and in good order. :)

Keep Calm and Carry On

MarkInLA

Quote from: jbrock27 on May 07, 2014, 12:03:44 PM
Good luck with the repairs Mark.  I hope you get them back promptly and in good order. :)

10-4 !