News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Posting Photos

Started by ebtnut, May 12, 2014, 01:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtnut

I know this has been dealt with in the past, but could someone please refresh me on posting photos.  I have established a Photobucket account, but I just can't remember how to post them in the message board.

Thanks.

rogertra

Quote from: ebtnut on May 12, 2014, 01:31:12 PM
I know this has been dealt with in the past, but could someone please refresh me on posting photos.  I have established a Photobucket account, but I just can't remember how to post them in the message board.

Thanks.

Go to your Photobucket account, select your photo and LEFT click on the IMG link.

Then simply paste it here, thus: -

ebtnut

OK, Roger, I get into my library and it shows all the images.  If I hold the cursor over an image a little star pops up on it and if I put the cursor on the star I get a drop-down menu which includes "Copy".  I click on that, but it doesn't seem to want to paste here.  More help, please?

AGSB

When you are in your library, left click on the picture you want and that will come up. On the top right side will be a box that says "Links to share this photo". Left click on the "img" link and it will automatically copy the link, then paste it here (Ctrl V).

rogertra

Quote from: AGSB on May 12, 2014, 04:36:56 PM
When you are in your library, left click on the picture you want and that will come up. On the top right side will be a box that says "Links to share this photo". Left click on the "img" link and it will automatically copy the link, then paste it here (Ctrl V).

Exactly.

In fact, if you click on my photo, you'll see the links AGSM is discussing.

Cheers

Roger T.

richg

This can get addictive. Build a library in Photo Bucket. Photos can be hard to find after a while.
Don't move a picture or it will go away in the forum you posted it. Just add another photo in a different album. You will get a pop up message if you try to move or change a photo.

Rich

ebtnut

OK, let's see if this works. 

ebtnut

OK, I guess we're good.  Incidentally the photo is of Northern Central No. 17 crossing the Codorus Creek bridge just south of Glen Rock, PA.  As some of you know, she's the world's newest full-size steam loco, delivered last spring. 

railandsail

Quote from: richg on May 12, 2014, 06:48:26 PM
This can get addictive. Build a library in Photo Bucket. Photos can be hard to find after a while.
Don't move a picture or it will go away in the forum you posted it. Just add another photo in a different album. You will get a pop up message if you try to move or change a photo.

Rich
You mean to say that if in the future you try to reorganize your photos into 'albums' then the link may no longer be viable?? Seems like foolish software design to me? I'm on a number of boating forums that let you simply post a photo, but limit the size of it. Much more user friendly.

richg

Quote from: railandsail on May 15, 2014, 10:00:36 AM
Quote from: richg on May 12, 2014, 06:48:26 PM

Rich
You mean to say that if in the future you try to reorganize your photos into 'albums' then the link may no longer be viable?? Seems like foolish software design to me? I'm on a number of boating forums that let you simply post a photo, but limit the size of it. Much more user friendly.

Bachmann only allows linking photos, not uploading the photo to the Bachmann site.
You forget, it is free to use. Work with the system. Lot easier than complaining or Ranting.
Just like the Bachmann forums. You do something they don't like, the message is deleted.
All you have to do is follow instructions.
You get a warning when trying to move or delete photos.photos in Photo Bucket.

Rich

jbrock27

Thanks for all those reminders.
BTW, I don't see anyone ranting or complaining but merely making an observation.
Keep Calm and Carry On