News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Jim Banner

Started by Hunt, May 16, 2014, 04:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunt

Jim Banner, in the not too distant past, was a daily contributor to the Bachmann Board. He died April 19, 2014.

Jerrys HO

Very sorry to hear this as he was very knowledgeable and helpful while he was a part of this forum. I still search under his name for answers to my questions.

Jim will be greatly missed by all  :'( .

Thanks Hunt for passing along the sad news.

For those who did not know him he was a great man and modeler.
I am posting his obituary for those interested..

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestarphoenix/obituary.aspx?pid=170747138

Jerry

Joe Satnik

Thanks for the heads up, Hunt.

I always enjoyed Jim's friendly and informative posts.

He will be missed.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

richg

Sorry to hear that. Hope his pages stay up. Jim always had a lot of good input.

Rich

ryeguyisme

and thus goes the ever present cruelty of life, it's end, BUT he lives on through the legacy of who he was to everyone he helped here, and may the spirit of Model Railroading continue from his efforts as well as many others.  :)

richg

Just in case. Save his pages to your PC as an HTML. You will always have his data in case the pages go away.

Rich

jbrock27

Sad news. 

R.I.P. Mr. Banner.
Keep Calm and Carry On

the Bach-man

I cannot tell you how distressed I am at this sad news. I will miss him extremely.
A great loss.
the Bach-man

ACY

Jim was a great asset to the model railroading community, he will be missed.

Doneldon

I'm very sad to learn of Jim's passing. In addition to being, in my opinion, the most reliable and authoritative person on this board, Jim was a kind and gentle man. His warmth and people focus came out loud and clear in the friendly, careful way he answered questions, and in the supportive and encouraging way he responded when he needed to correct or contradict someone. Jim's legacy as a person cannot be over-estimated; the value of the information he shared with his fellow model railroaders, immeasurable. Thank you, Jim, and God bless.
                                                                                              -- Doneldon

utdave

Sad to hear
ill give him a seven horn salute     Dave

Stephen D. Richards

It is as it is with all of us..but still my heart is saddened to hear of his passing!  Thank you hunt.  And I agree with doneldon.  I learned more than I could describe from Jim.  Will miss him greatly.  God Bless,  Stephen

jonathan

Indeed, Jim taught me/us so much.  He helped make me a serious tinker!  I will miss him greatly. 

God bless you, Jim.

Regards,

Jonathan

jward

jim's presence will be missed. he was an inspiration to us old, and a great source of knowledge.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA