News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Jim Banner

Started by Hunt, May 16, 2014, 04:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desertdweller

I'm very sorry to hear of Jim's passing.

When we lose a contributor, especially one of his stature, it weakens the entire forum.

Les

WoundedBear

Yes, unfortunately, Jim is gone. What a great friend he was. This is my first time back at the computer since my hip replacement, and this was the first thing waiting for me. I had just spoke to Jim on the phone not a week earlier and he sounded fine. Voice was strong and he was the same old Jim.

I spoke with his wife this morning, and she's doing all right. She has family still with her and every day gets easier for her. She said it must have been ESP.....she was thinking of me this morning and hadn't been able to find my number in Jim's files. She was glad I called. We talked for a good hour or so.

Jim will be missed by many people.....myself included. He was always up for a chat and not only about trains. His interests ran deep. He worked at the museum like it was a full time paying job.

I know Jim battled heart disease for better than 30 years....he had quit smoking, but the damage was done. Lorraine asked me to pass on her thoughts and thanks to all of you that made friends with Jim.

He was most certainly, one of the "good guys".

Good bye my friend.

Sid

Terry Toenges

I sure am sorry to hear that, too. We've lost an incredible asset to model railroading.
Feel like a Mogul.

NarrowMinded

This is very sad news.

I msgd him on facebook a while back because I had not seen him on the board, He replied that he was  busy with projects, and appreciated the msg and concern and my comments that he was missed on the forum.

He will truely be missed.

NM-Jeff

NarrowMinded

Here's a link to an interview with Jim

http://youtu.be/kwDeCgWimZM

jbrock27

Great video.  Thanks NM.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Stephen D. Richards

NM,
     Thanks for finding that and posting.  Great interview!     Stephen

CNE Runner

Hey Jim, Thanks for all the support and advice you gave to me. Thanks for those helpful telephone calls as well (...no, I'm not sorry about those Saskatoon jokes). You were an inspiration and one of the 'bright lights' of the hobby...somehow things will be a little darker because of your passing. While we never met in person, I counted you as a dear friend; for friends are those rare people who ask how you are...and then wait to hear the answer.

Perhaps Henri Frederic Amiel said it best; "It is not what he has, nor even what he does, which directly expresses the worth of a man...but what he is." You will be sorely missed by many of us.

'Till we meet again my friend,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

ebtbob

Good Morning all,

I do not get on this board much anymore and am shocked and VERY sorry to hear about Jim's passing.
As many of you have said,  he was always gracious and willing to share his knowledge.   Rest in peace Jim.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

jbsmith

R.I.P Jim

Thanks for everything.

Hunt

Jim, as I, modeled in several scales. Here are two compose images circa 2000 where Jim placed himself in his HO Lorraine Valley & James River Railway layout.

Hunt

Jim, as I, modeled in several scales. Here are two compose composite  images circa 2000 where Jim placed himself in his HO Lorraine Valley & James River Railway layout.