News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Found this in a garage sale

Started by WP_LOCO, May 26, 2014, 09:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

Quote from: jbrock27 on May 27, 2014, 07:18:11 PM
Agree.  Looking up one thing leads to another and another; it gets addictive and all of a sudden, 2 hours later...

And then huge accumulation of links and trying to form those links into folders to be able to find a specific link in the future. lol

Rich

Skarloey Railway

Intriguing. I imagine it didn't do much for tire wear ;D But honestly, a remotely operated automatic cow-loading device: how on earth didn't I guess!

richg

Quote from: Skarloey Railway on May 27, 2014, 08:24:57 PM
Intriguing. I imagine it didn't do much for tire wear ;D But honestly, a remotely operated automatic cow-loading device: how on earth didn't I guess!

These sets were toys. Not meant to be used very much.

Rich

Jerrys HO

Quote from: richg on May 27, 2014, 07:14:59 PM
One downside of a Google search, you can easily get sidetracked. Sometimes find stuff you wish you did not find? lol

Rich

I get a kick out of findind stuff like this. It goes to show how much we have advanced in 20yrs.

Quote from: richg on May 27, 2014, 09:31:14 PM

Rich

I have to say we all play with toy's, just some cost more than others.

richg

Quote from: Jerrys HO on May 27, 2014, 09:48:16 PM
Quote from: richg on May 27, 2014, 07:14:59 PM
One downside of a Google search, you can easily get sidetracked. Sometimes find stuff you wish you did not find? lol

Rich

I get a kick out of findind stuff like this. It goes to show how much we have advanced in 20yrs.

Quote from: richg on May 27, 2014, 09:31:14 PM

Rich

I have to say we all play with toy's, just some cost more than others.

For sure.

Rich

Doneldon

Those accessories run by the loco's wheels look to me like things which only work
for a short while and when everything is meticulously aligned.
                                                                                                 -- D

jbrock27

It also looks like a good way to put excessive wear on a loco's motor.

S.R. bring up a good point; does the loco need to have traction tires to move the dial and work this device?
Keep Calm and Carry On

phillyreading

That device is very interesting! I have never seen anything like that in H.O. before.
I am mainly into O gauge and that video on U-tube was very good showing how the device was used. Now for the details on how it works, or how to transfer the power to the operating devices.

Lee F.

Desertdweller

I find it strange that this thing does not contain its own electric motor.  Would it then require that the car being loaded remain a fixed distance from the loco?

Maybe it could contain a solenoid-powered cow chucker, that could feed cows from a spring-loaded cow magazine.

Les