News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bad FP45 Amtrak Motor

Started by Dieseler, August 14, 2014, 08:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieseler

I posted this question in the wrong section and was directed to this section of forum.
I have a FP45 Williams Amtrak crown edition engine that has a bad can motor
flywheel that is kaput.
Will the newer FP45 Williams by Bachmann motor fit in the original truck as a direct replacement ?

If so is it ok to replace the one motor only as it may run faster than the other older
motor . The crown edition engine has a electronic reverse board if that helps
anyone.

Thanks

3rail

Dieseler:

Does it look like this with a flywheel?

If so it should work.  If not, it will not. You would have to order two complete trucks with motors.

You can order online here:
http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_77_225&products_id=6953

Regards,

3rail

phillyreading

I would suggest ordering 2 new motors even if only one is bad because the new motor will cause the older motor to burn out because of being old. Also you want 2 evenly matched motors, something that some of the parts people on here may not realize.

I ordered  a motor upgrade kit for a Williams F-7 diesel engine a few years ago and the new motors ran about 30 percent faster then my old motors and so I swapped out another F-7 shell and put two sets of Crown Edition motors together with one set of diesel engines.

Due to costs of the new trucks and motors, a motor upgrade kit, it might be cheaper to buy an older Williams engine at a train show or auction and swap out the shells and change over the non working motor and truck.

Lee F.

Dieseler

Thanks for the replies.
The engine was returned to original owner for refund as it would be to costly to buy pair of motor with the trucks.\
after further looking .

Bought Williams by Williams AA Set204S   SD45 New Havens made years ago with engine sounds and dispacther announcement.
These were brand new in the original box and shipper box as stated and run wonderful happy to say.