News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New doodlebug with trailer

Started by wade, February 13, 2007, 01:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wade

Hello Bach Man;
I was wondering if you have any more details about the Ma&Pa doodlebug and trailer. My understanding is it will be produced as #62 and will have a trailer [coach]. What kind of coach? The Ma&Pa usually used RPOs as trailers and all of their coaches were open vestibule 56'4" at the vestibules, 50' body length Jackson and Sharps. Also ,what number will the Ma&Pa bobber caboose be? Thanks to all of Bachmann for the Ma&Pa and SR&RL products, my two biggest interests. Of coarse now I am working in two scales but at least I can use the same gauge! I'm just lucky I now have the room for two layouts.  Wade
Wade

the Bach-man

Dear Wade,
The doodlebugs will have the same body as previously, and the trailer is our standard coach. I haven't seen the caboose artwork.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Frisco

Did you make this product. Walthers says it is out of stock so I am wondering if I just wated to long to get it.

Paul M.

They've made it, it's just pretty popular so it might be a few months until they can catch up with orders.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

jayl1

The new releases with the extra car are scheduled to be out by the end of 2008 (hopefully).

BaltoOhioRRfan

I heard the mold failed when they went to run em. And heard 2009 as a possible release date. Am I right Mr. B?
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

rogertra

There are lots of the original doodlebugs out there for US$15.00 or so.

If anyone wants one, just look around.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: rogertra on September 26, 2008, 04:03:36 PM
There are lots of the original doodlebugs out there for US$15.00 or so.

If anyone wants one, just look around.

I did a quick check on e-bay and Spectrum Doodlebugs are selling  for $26 to $55. Nine of them sold lately.  Where can I get a Spectrum Doodlebug for $15.00?

Average price would be $39.26 plus S&H.
Pacific Northern

rogertra

You need to look around but they're there.

Look at the discount ads in MR and RMC for example.

But at US$15.00 or US$25 or so, it's still chump change.