STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2019, 06:08:27 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Found this in a garage sale
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Found this in a garage sale  (Read 9845 times)
richg
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 08:02:53 PM »

Agree.  Looking up one thing leads to another and another; it gets addictive and all of a sudden, 2 hours later...

And then huge accumulation of links and trying to form those links into folders to be able to find a specific link in the future. lol

Rich
Skarloey Railway

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 08:24:57 PM »

Intriguing. I imagine it didn't do much for tire wear Grin But honestly, a remotely operated automatic cow-loading device: how on earth didn't I guess!
richg
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »

Intriguing. I imagine it didn't do much for tire wear Grin But honestly, a remotely operated automatic cow-loading device: how on earth didn't I guess!

These sets were toys. Not meant to be used very much.

Rich
Jerrys HO
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 09:48:16 PM »

One downside of a Google search, you can easily get sidetracked. Sometimes find stuff you wish you did not find? lol

Rich

I get a kick out of findind stuff like this. It goes to show how much we have advanced in 20yrs.

Rich

I have to say we all play with toy's, just some cost more than others.
richg
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 09:50:24 PM »

One downside of a Google search, you can easily get sidetracked. Sometimes find stuff you wish you did not find? lol

Rich

I get a kick out of findind stuff like this. It goes to show how much we have advanced in 20yrs.

Rich

I have to say we all play with toy's, just some cost more than others.

For sure.

Rich
Doneldon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 02:12:27 AM »

Those accessories run by the loco's wheels look to me like things which only work
for a short while and when everything is meticulously aligned.
                                                                                                 -- D
jbrock27

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 07:03:11 AM »

It also looks like a good way to put excessive wear on a loco's motor.

S.R. bring up a good point; does the loco need to have traction tires to move the dial and work this device?

Keep Calm and Carry On
phillyreading

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2014, 12:24:01 PM »

That device is very interesting! I have never seen anything like that in H.O. before.
I am mainly into O gauge and that video on U-tube was very good showing how the device was used. Now for the details on how it works, or how to transfer the power to the operating devices.

Lee F.
Desertdweller

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 07:41:54 PM »

I find it strange that this thing does not contain its own electric motor.  Would it then require that the car being loaded remain a fixed distance from the loco?

Maybe it could contain a solenoid-powered cow chucker, that could feed cows from a spring-loaded cow magazine.

Les
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: