News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Screeching Hudson

Started by WGL, June 15, 2014, 02:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billm10454

That perpendicular silver end plugs into the frame back near where the cab is. Just look for a small hole that is the same size as the silver piece. I have about 20 Rivarossi steamers and have never had your problem.

Desertdweller

The original poster's problem was going on in a Rivarossi loco, but was by no means unique to that brand.  It can happen in locomotives of any make, including Bachmann.  I have had Bachmann locos that would do this.  So this is a generic model railroad problem.

This is also Bachmann's forum.  It is privately owned, and what goes into it is at Bachmann's discretion.  I think this is how it should be.  A private forum, open to the public, is different from a publicly-owned forum.

WGL

Thanks, Billm10454, I found the hole into which the silver plug fits!  It's great to hear from someone who is so experienced with Rivarossi!
The lubrication inside the shell also worked!  The noise is gone, even at top speed.  I was having flashbacks to when I was a teenager & took my spinning reel apart.  After I reassembled it, it never worked right.  Thanks to all of you who offered advice.

If Bachmann made a 4-6-4, especially with DCC, I'd buy one & not be stuck choosing between inexpensive old DC Rivarossis & new DCC BLIs with sound that are too expensive for my needs.

jbrock27

WGL, any time you need help with a spinning reel, just let me know 8)
Keep Calm and Carry On

jward

the bachmann had replied in another thread that they are not planning on producing a hudson type as hudsons were relatively rare birds, and that they have already produced the far more common northern and pacific types which were used in similar service.

i am sure somebody else will produce a hudson at some point. in the past 10 years or so i've seen some locomotives i never thought i'd see in plastic. (emd model 40 or alco rs27 anyone?)

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

WGL

I suspect there is more demand for model Hudsons by hobbyists than there was for real ones by railroads, because more of us are limited to smaller curves in our tracks.  Here in Wisconsin, the Milwaukee Road had both a regular Hudson & a streamlined one.  Then there was the romance of the famous 20th Century Ltd Hudson.

bobwrgt

WGL
Glad that solved you problem.
I have at least one of every style Hudson Rivarossi made. Also have Hudson's made buy Mantua, BLI, and yes IHC made some. IHC made some Canadian versions.
If Bachmann was to make one I would be sure to get some. I have over 40 Bachmann steam engine and they are some of the best made.