News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Idler gears in 460'and connie

Started by petertoot, June 17, 2014, 06:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petertoot

Hi all,this might be one for loco bill,or any with this question,are the main gear from worm of the motor the same on the 460 as the one in the connive,from what I can see on the parts list the have the same pert number,but the gear in the 460 is all in with motor in the parts list,I don't want to confuse anyone,any help is good,thanks peter

Loco Bill Canelos

Peter,

Bachmann has done a great job with part numbers.  If you need a part and have the part number from the diagram you can go to the parts page of the site and type it in the search window and if the part is available it will pop up.  Many parts are not available, or may be part of a larger assembly. 

If a part number is the same on two different diagrams for two different locos then the same part should work interchangeably.  As for the 4-6-0 there are differences between the Annie and the Standard line Big Hauler version, but if the part number is the same on both then the part will work in either. 

Anyway I am not sure the above is helpful, and from your post I am not sure which version chassis 4-6-0 you mean. 

Cheers,

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

petertoot

Thanks for the reply bill,from what I can see the gear numbers have the first numbers I compared an anniversary to the connie,as I have an Annie gear here,will pull it off the motor frame and compare to connive,the number of the gear is:g813x-oayo1,thanks again bill,cheers from Aussie! ::) :P

petertoot

Hi again,just an update on the gears,the connie gear is different to the anniversary one,better get new ones,at they are available for connive,cheers from aussie ::) ;D ;D