Ride the In-ko-pah Railroad! New video

Started by Ray Dunakin, August 11, 2014, 02:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

I've just posted the first new video of my railroad since 2011...

Enjoy a ride on the In-ko-pah Railroad, my unique, 1/24th scale outdoor model railroad! Climb aboard a freight train pulled by a 4-6-0 steam locomotive, and watch the beautifully detailed desert scenery roll by.

You'll see the ruins of abandoned mines and miner's cabins; and you'll pass through Dos Manos and Mineral Ridge -- two old mining towns. Thrill as the train crosses spindly wooden trestles and high plate girder bridges! Hear the locomotive as it chuffs through the darkness of the route's many tunnels! You may even catch a glimpse of the railroad's ancient Model T rail bus giving someone a tour.

http://youtu.be/MhLOskIuqDg
Visit www.raydunakin.com for photos, step-by-step articles and other information about the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

charon

Thanks Ray,
Great layout, scenery and structures.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

jonathan

Thoroughly enjoyed the ride!

Thanks for bringing us along, Ray.  I think I need to move to the Southwest and live on your railroad.  ;D

Your layout needs to be featured in one of those slick mags... if it hasn't been already.

Regards,

Jonathan

Ray Dunakin

I shot some new pics of the railroad today... First, a couple of overall shots:

In this shot, a passenger train is about to cross Serenity Canyon on the high bridge, while the "Tin Lizard" railbus crosses on a lower level:

And here they are passing the town of Mineral Ridge:

Enjoy!
Visit www.raydunakin.com for photos, step-by-step articles and other information about the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Doneldon

Ray-

This looks mighty good to me. I'm envious.

-- D

rogertra

Looks really nice.

Glad Mr. B. left this thread in "General" and not moved it to "Large", as the videos will get a larger and well deserved audience here.  :)

Cheers

Roger T.

James in FL

Good stuff Ray, thanks for posting for the rest of us to enjoy as well.
I would imagine most all your LPB are employed by the mines, or the railroad.
The majority of mine seem to do nothing all day, other than to stand around.
Even the threat of an accidental fall, into a baby food jar of acetone, has no effect.
I'm not sure how to whip those little ingrates into shape.
Maybe if I built a church on the layout they would realize that I am the hand of "God"
... but, I digress...

It's beautiful.

PS. wife loved it too!

Ray Dunakin