News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

USA Trains, Aristocraft Replacement Gears

Started by chmaley, June 23, 2014, 05:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chmaley

Bachmann offers replacements for almost every part of their locomotives. Not so with others. USA Trains diesels all use an axle gear which is identical to Aristocraft's Pacific engine. USA Trains does not sell replacement gears, just whole wheel assemblies and, of course, it's almost impossible to find Aristocraft gears. I find it all kind of sad.

chuck

the Bach-man

Dear Chuck,
Scott Polk is working hard to re-establish Aristo Craft. Hopefully at some point he will and he'll have parts again.
As for USA, I suggest you call their Malden, MA office and discuss it with them.
This comment highlights one of the reasons we discourage non-Bachmann posts- the other manufacturer has no way to respond, assuming he even reads our board. This is no more fair than using our board to post competitors' announcements.
In any event, I hope you resolve your issue.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

chmaley

thank you for your response. I have, in fact, talked to USA Trains and they are fairly firm with their policy. My reason for the post was simply to see if anyone could suggest an alternative direction. I have tried a number of vendors listed in various resource magazines and to no avail.

chuck

Old John

Chuck,

Try www.mylargescale.com someone on that board will have run into your problem and have a solution for you.