News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Heisler lean

Started by canpac, April 22, 2014, 09:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canpac

Just got a new Heisler. Works well. Do have a problem though in that the locomotive has a pronounced lean to the right. It does not sit in a balanced position, but has a definite lean to the right. Any suggestions as to why this is happening and any suggestions as how to correct the problem would be appreciated. Thanks

Stevelewis

I have  had  a  few Heislers  but  never  a  leaning  one, sounds  like   the  prroblem could  be  caused by badly fitting bogie or bogies ( sorry  TRUCKS!!)

It may be advisable   to return it  for  a  replacement
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

Steve Magee

Hey CanPac

The Heisler's trucks snap on and off. Centre the questionable truck evenly over the loco (you are holding it upside down, now, aren't you :-) ) and apply even pressure downward to ensure it is snapped into position.

Steve Magee
Newcastle NSW Aust

canpac

To Wales and Australia I say Thank You. Will check out your suggestions. Hoping to avoid the return to Bachmann.

Stevelewis

Hey  we  are  certainly  shrinking  the  World  here!!

Let us  know  if  iit  works  out  OK
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

canpac

Thanks guys for shrinking the world, but after trying several other things and it has improved a little, I don't want to try and take the trucks off this locomotive as the gears are attached. Don't want to go there. Again thanks for the suggestions.