What days and times will the Bachmann be in attendance at the NMRA convention

Started by ACY, June 26, 2014, 03:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACY

I spoke on the phone with Laura Harris about a HO DD40AX that had a broken rear coupler, and I removed it and attempted to replace it to no avail, she said that I should inquire about the availability of the Bachmann at the convention in Cleveland to see if you could replace the coupler since it wouldn't be worth the cost of shipping to send in the locomotive just to replace a broken coupler. Hopefully I can make it to the convention at a time you are present and able to assist with the replacement. Thank you

the Bach-man

Dear ACY,
We'll be there every day. Do you have the replacement coupler?
the Bach-man

ACY

Quote from: the Bach-man on June 26, 2014, 10:05:52 PM
Dear ACY,
We'll be there every day. Do you have the replacement coupler?
the Bach-man
[/quote
Thank you for your quick response.
Not a Bachmann EZ-Mate just a Kadee long shank coupler that should be a drop in replacement. However I am not 100% sure if I can make it to the convention unfortunately.

Bucksco

Should be as simple as removing the screw that holds the coupler pocket together and replacing the coupler....

ACY

Quote from: Yardmaster on June 28, 2014, 12:41:12 PM
Should be as simple as removing the screw that holds the coupler pocket together and replacing the coupler....
I have replaced the couplers on around 30-40 other Bachmann HO locomotives and many more from other manufacturers, I usually put a Kadee #148 on all my locomotives and rolling stock right after I get them. However it is easier said than done for the DD40AX model, I tried for 2 hours to replace it to no avail, it usually takes me 1 or 2 minutes for most Bachmann locomotives. Every time I have tried either the coupler came out of place or the screw. The old guy at my local hobby shop where I purchased it even tried and couldn't get it.