News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Front trucks

Started by fhenn, June 27, 2014, 07:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhenn

I just purchased a BO Royal Blue locomotive. The pilot trucks are broken off, the plastic Embossing is broken. I looked under Standard Locos and did not see the the trucks listed there. Am I going to have to buy a whole ne chasis for this.. Thank You

JerryB

Listing things like scale, item number, new or used, etc  would help you get an answer to your question.

Your post is like saying, "My car has a broken wheel. What do I need to fix it?"

Just on the assumption that your model is H0 scale, try posting a more detailed question in the H0 scale forum below.

Happy (Well Informed) RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

fhenn

It is a G scale Loco Number 1332 according to the number on the tender and head lamp

Loco Bill Canelos

The B&O 1332 was sold in both a set and a a seperate item.  It was very popular and over the years came with chassis version 2 through chassis version 5.

Here is how to tell what you have:
Version 2  1990-1994  Smooth Bottom Cover  You can turn drivers by hand and motor will turn                           
Version 3  1994-1998  Smooth Bottom Cover You cannot turn the drivers by hand                           
Version 4  1998-1999  Large wide hump dead center between the rear drivers on bottom cover                           
Version 5  2000-Pres  3/8th inch wide hump offset between the rear drivers and a plastic lubrication plug the size of a dime to the rear of the hump..                           

If yours is NOT a version 5, I definitely recommend replacing the entire chassis. It will save you grief in the future.  The chassis for sale on the Bachmann store site for $30 are all version 5 chassis.

The price of the replacement front truck when it is available is not all that much less than the entire chassis.

You are in luck because the exact chassis for your locomotive is available right down to the correct colors on the wheels!!

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_69_148&products_id=5869

I highly recommend the purchase of the entire chassis.

Have fun with your project.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

fhenn

Thank you Bill looks as if I have version 3. Ordered the new chassis today, Now to go out a do more planting ;D