News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My predictions for 2015.

Started by Farmboybello, March 22, 2014, 11:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmboybello

Hello all, I'm making my predictions for 2015. I know some of you have already made predictions but here are mine.

LOCOMOTIVES:
*Oliver
*Stepney
*BoCo

ROLLING STOCK:
*Toad (to got with Oliver if they make him)
*TT #5 (maybe a salt wagon?)

ACCESSORIES:
*Wellsworth
*Airport
*Dryaw (and airfield)

RE-RELEASES:
*Green express coaches
*Tar tanker
*Well wagon
*Tankers/wagons in model logos.

Thanks for reading this.
BRING BACK THE EXPRESS COACHES.

Rollin Mayham

I am not to sure about some of those but you know you could just scratch build sodor airfield it's not hard if you know how to use balsa wood.

Chaz

All of those in one year is a little excessive.  I think Oliver, Stepney, Toad, and two of the buildings you mentioned sound a lot more likely.  It's funny that you mention the airport since it was an iconic location throughout Calling All Engines and seasons 10-12.

I think the possibilities for more buildings are fairly wide, and I certainly hope to see more additions in the near future such as more stations, a coal hopper, or even a level crossing.  The new buildings have received a very positive reaction from older and newer fans alike, so I imagine that most of them will sell very quickly. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

seanrail

What about Vicarstown Sheds with turntable; they have the tooling to make it, they just need to make alterations to the turntable and redesign the roundhouse.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: seanrail on May 03, 2014, 04:06:05 AM
What about Vicarstown Sheds with turntable; they have the tooling to make it, they just need to make alterations to the turntable and redesign the roundhouse.

I would reckon that Tidmouth Sheds is more iconic than the Vicarstown Sheds. Besides, would two sets of engine sheds exactly be necessary? Please don't take that comment the wrong way, but I think Tidmouth Sheds is enough.  Sorry for any rudeness, though
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

seanrail

No offence taken, but say if Bachmann makes engines from the other railway (BCE, D261, D199, Connor and Caitlin, ECT)?

DinoNTrains

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

seanrail

The turntable will have to be 12 inches as 10 inch turntables will be too small for the other railway engines; I ought know when I tried to turn the H company's pacific engines on the Tidmouth Sheds Turntable.

PaulGWR

Quote from: seanrail on May 03, 2014, 11:16:36 AM
No offence taken, but say if Bachmann makes engines from the other railway (BCE, D261, D199, Connor and Caitlin, ECT)?
"Tales from the other railway sets" lol, but in all seriousness other railway engines would be great.

Chaz

Quote from: seanrail on May 03, 2014, 11:16:36 AM

I don't see how any of those characters will happen since most of those appeared only in the Railway Series, and Connor and Caitlin have very little development going for them.  On top of that, their large designs could put them at a disadvantage as far as production and sales go.  Personally, the only engines I expect Bachmann to do anytime soon are either Oliver, Stepney, Paxton, or Sidney.  The first two I mentioned already in the other 2015 thread, since they've proven to be iconic as well as loved by older and newer fans alike. 

It costs a lot of money for Bachmann to make engines with a new tooling and they'd want them to be long-lasting sellers which is why they've avoided short-lived characters like Stanley, Molly, Rosie, etc.  Thankfully, the engines that they have announced so far have never been unusual choices.  Paxton and Sidney I feel are inevitable additions just because they are repaints of Diesel with new faces on them.  I personally wouldn't mind Paxton, but Sidney could use some more development. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JLK2707

I think that the most plausible options based on just how things are right now are re-paints of existing locomotives for HO scale, which is why I think that Paxton and Sidney are most likely for next year. Oliver and Toad may also be mentioned, due to the demand. Henrietta may also be virtually inevitable for next year in the large scale range since Toby is made and you just can't have one without the other if you know what I mean. Of course Mavis is a great choice for large scale since she shares the same chassis with Toby.:)

PaulGWR

Judging by the past (three years? Is it?) I feel like we're going to get on engine and a few pieces of rolling stock, but we'll probably get more buildings, like (hopefully) Wellsworth station.