Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Interview With Chris Lane, Editor

Started by Raildig, August 24, 2014, 06:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raildig

Hi,

I've just published an interview with Chris Lane, Editor of the On30 Annual:

http://www.raildig.com/raildig-guest/chris-lane-editor-carstens-on30-hon3-annuals/

As timing would have it, the article was completed the day Carstens Publications made the announcement they were closing. Still a good On30 interview though!

John Cubbin
Raildig.com

Stevelewis

Thanks  for  taking  the  time  to  pass  this  on  to  us!

Did  not  know  Carstens  were  ceasing  to  trade,  so  this  would  seem  to be  the  last  issue  of  0n30 Annual  I am  currently  reading.

I will also  sign  up to  your  site

regards  Steve  (  Wales  UK) 
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

Raildig

Hi Steve,

Glad to inform the group! Actually Chris did say that the On30 Annual will continue. Perhaps the Carstens titles will be bought out or maybe they'll produce the On30 Annual independently. Chris Lane does seem to be very dedicated to On30 so I'd think the Annual will continue in some way.

Cool you're from Wales, I'm doing an Nn3 build of the Glyn Valley Tramway on Raildig (as is too often, running behind on that project!).

John Cubbin
Raildig.com

Stevelewis

Glyn Ceiriog  is  not  far  from  me!  I often  used  to  drive up to  Glyn Ceiriog  when I did a job  as  an  account  manger  for  a   Major  Healtcare  Company  there  was a Pharmacy ( very  tiny) in the  village,  there  was little  to  see of  the  railway  I think  that there  was somesort of preservation scheme planned  but  not  sure how  far  it  has  progressed.
Trouble  is  we  are  a  bit  over  subscribed  with preserved  railways here!

Ffestiniog, Welsh Highland, Tal-y-Lyn, Bala Lake Rly,Vale  of  Rheidol, are all within an hour or so drive away from my Home,  which is in Buckley a town  about 15 miles  from Chester.

Buckley once  had quite a bit  of  railway activity, but now  just one line running  from Wrexham to Bidston  Nr Birkenhead,
Info on old buckley lines  google  Buckley, Mold & Connahs  Quay railway!
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

ScottyB

Great article, thanks for sharing!

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

Raildig

Thanks Scott, glad you enjoyed it!

John Cubbin
Raildig.com

Raildig

Quote from: Stevelewis on August 24, 2014, 06:33:51 PM
Glyn Ceiriog  is  not  far  from  me!  I often  used  to  drive up to  Glyn Ceiriog  when I did a job  as  an  account  manger  for  a   Major  Healtcare  Company  there  was a Pharmacy ( very  tiny) in the  village,  there  was little  to  see of  the  railway  I think  that there  was somesort of preservation scheme planned  but  not  sure how  far  it  has  progressed.
Trouble  is  we  are  a  bit  over  subscribed  with preserved  railways here!

Ffestiniog, Welsh Highland, Tal-y-Lyn, Bala Lake Rly,Vale  of  Rheidol, are all within an hour or so drive away from my Home,  which is in Buckley a town  about 15 miles  from Chester.

Buckley once  had quite a bit  of  railway activity, but now  just one line running  from Wrexham to Bidston  Nr Birkenhead,
Info on old buckley lines  google  Buckley, Mold & Connahs  Quay railway!

I seem to recall reading about two restoration / historical groups that were at odds with each other regarding the Glyn Valley restoration. I did a lot of binge reading and BBC video streaming so I could be off on this?

I see how it can look like there might be almost too many preserved railways... maybe a reaction to the Dr. Beeching cuts? Still, once they're gone they're gone so I do understand some folks getting overzealous about saving the history. Just here in New York there are so many spurs and industrial rails that are completely forgotten, it's kind of sad to see. Progress means lots of these have to go, but I do wish there was some sort of body in place to keep them alive somehow, if only in the records.

John Cubbin
Raildig.com