News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

"Kitbashed" P2K 0-6-0

Started by rogertra, October 11, 2007, 12:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lanny

Hi Gene,

Sorry I missed you, Gene. We probably wouldn't have been able to enjoy a quality time  because we are 'grand daughter' sitting our 1 1/2 year old and she is keeping us very, very busy  :D  (haven't done much modeling this week :D

Here is my newest 'kit bash' project now that my ICR #908 Consolidation is completed in cluding the 'shorty' tender.

The Spectrum Connie (which is based on an ICRR Consolidation) is very similar to some of the ICRR 2-8-2 Mike series. I decided to 'go at it' and try to get a 'generic' ICRR 2-8-2. Like Roger  has said, its a matter of courage ... and mistakes too. I'm just starting on a this project and already have made some mistakes, fixed them, and learned.

I should mention that the most difficult part of this one will be extending the chassis to accept the trailing truck, etc. The rest is mostly stripping the boiler and adding appropriate piping, domes, and all the other necessary details.

A very good and very talented friend ('bojangle') is helping me with the frame extension. He is a consumate craftsman and modeler. Having someone like that to help with some of the really difficult parts of kit bashing is a 'great way' to learn!! :)

Here's a 'just getting started' photo.

lanny
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

rogertra

Lanny.

Your kitbash of the 2-8-0 into a 2-8-2 is exactly what I've been looking for.  I have two 2-8-0s that I've kept aside for conversion into 2-8-2s.

What are the dimensions of the two extentions you've added to the boiler?  This will save me the problem of figuring them out myself.  :-)

Scale feet, metric, Imperial, or whatever, I'm not picky.

Keep photos of this project coming.  May be a good idea to start a new thread?