News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann GP30 in Alaska Railroad delivery

Started by Bas, July 29, 2014, 01:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bas

Here is another project I'm working on....a Bachmann GP30 in Alaska Railroad delivery. Not completly ready yet, I'm waiting on the parts that dear uncle Walthers should deliver.

Maybe also an idea for the Bachmann :-)

Maybe not 100% correct in every detail, but I'm satisfied if people recognise the locomotive ;-)

best regards

Bas

uscgtanker

With railroad Alaska starting there second season soon the Alaska railroad has been getting a lot of business. For bachmann making new decals for ARR won't take long but then how many would be sold. It's nice that they have all the base engines that ARR ran, just add some winterizing details and some extra equipment and good to go. With Athurn genius releasing the SD 70 MACS and passenger cars some ARR F7's would be nice for older trains. The best thing with ARR they keep almost all there units in either museum's or on a RIP track for emergency use.

Doneldon

Bas-

It looks good to me. I especially like the red shirt and yellow cap on the engineer.

As an aside, it's livery, not delivery.
                                                                -- D

ALCO0001

Hello,
Ya! I like it and  it is a good facelift for the gp 30. I think the gp 30 is a good model by the B-man ,but it is time for a little upgrading and new paint

schemes and flush cab glass .In my opinion I would have done the gp30 before the gp40  .Better model to begin with that has been around since

Lionel sold them in ho scale made by the B-mann. Hope this helps and it should ;D
Jack