News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

turn table

Started by ZAIN.CA, August 24, 2014, 11:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZAIN.CA

I'm having a problem with my Bachmann ho scale motorized turntable. my trains will only move when the turntable track is connected to the rerailer. when the turntable track is connected  to another track the train doesn't move on to the track, WHY! can anyone help me with this problem. I'll be very grateful.

Joe Satnik

Dear Zain,

Pretty thorough discussion here:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,19517.0.html

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

ZAIN.CA

Dear Joe Satnik,
                                 The website you recommended was really helpful, thanks
                                                                                                                    Sincerely,           
                                                                                                                                  ZAIN

electrical whiz kid

Install your TT track wiring onto the bridge support shaft.  Use two slip rings on the shaft-oh, and make sure you insulate the whole.
Rich C.

Jerrys HO

Quote from: electrical whiz kid on August 29, 2014, 07:47:01 AM
Install your TT track wiring onto the bridge support shaft.  Use two slip rings on the shaft-oh, and make sure you insulate the whole.
Rich C.

????? Bachmann turntables are set up to receive it's power through the #4 slot track. It also reverses polarity so no need for special wiring as in the old Atlas tt"s.
Each siding receives power as the bridge lines up with the siding. Do not power a siding to the main without proper insulated gaps.
I don't know what bridge support shaft or slip rings you are talking about.

Jerry