News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wanted: steam locomotive cabs

Started by gbwdude, August 27, 2014, 10:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbwdude

Hello all,

I am looking for just the cab from the 4-6-0 as the Bachmann parts department only sells the boiler and cab as one unit. With my undecorated 4-6-0 it has the option of putting on the wood or steel cab and was wondering if anyone out there has one (or more) just collecting dust and would like to get rid of it. They look to be the same cab from both the newer 4-4-0 American Standard and the 4-4-0 Baldwins.

Thanks,

Tyler D.
Manager, Whiskey River Railway

rogertra

Quote from: gbwdude on August 27, 2014, 10:55:49 PM
Hello all,

I am looking for just the cab from the 4-6-0 as the Bachmann parts department only sells the boiler and cab as one unit. With my undecorated 4-6-0 it has the option of putting on the wood or steel cab and was wondering if anyone out there has one (or more) just collecting dust and would like to get rid of it. They look to be the same cab from both the newer 4-4-0 American Standard and the 4-4-0 Baldwins.

Thanks,

Tyler D.
Manager, Whiskey River Railway

You don't say which one you want, or don't you care?

Cheers

Roger T.

gbwdude

I'd prefer the steel, but I will also be happy with the wood ones.

electrical whiz kid

If you go to "Greenway", their site has some brass cabs.  I used their "USRA" cab when I converted my SY to what I like to call my "Green Card" Mike.  I wanted a small Mike that had good eye appeal and did not really give a hoot about "prototypical".  They have a good access to brass parts.  Sadly, it seems that brass parts, locomotive reconstruction, etc; are all going the way of the setting sun.
Rich C.