News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How does it work the smoke locomotive HO.

Started by Aliloren, August 29, 2014, 07:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aliloren

We bought the HO chattanooga but on the instructions there is no information about how the steam locomotive works. It comes with the water dropper but how many drops does the locomotive needs to work?

Doneldon

Ali-

You can put 6-8 drops of smoke fluid in your loco but don't overdo it. If you do, it ill get all over everything. Just put the fluid in the smokestack. You can see the heating element and the little container for the fluid if you look straight down. Also, be sure to turn off the smoker when the oil is gone or you'll burn out the element.

I urge you to use your smoker only when necessary, like when little children want to watch. The fluid is mineral oil and glycerin which vaporizes but it condenses as soon as it meets room air, getting all over the top of your loco, the track and the scenery. It's a problem on the track because the oily film will hold dirt, the bane of model railroaders because it interferes with smooth operation. And don't expect a lot of neat puffing smoke. You'll only get a little bit unless you run your train at all ahead flank emergency and even then the smoke production might be disappointing.

I don't mean to be negative about your new train. On the contrary, I'm hoping that a couple of cautions will decrease the chances that you or your children will be disappointed.
                          -- D