News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

color match for passenger cars

Started by rkc, September 07, 2014, 10:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkc

Hello, newbie here again  I have a set of big hauler passenger cars. One suffered an accident. Repairs are done but now I need to do touch-up painting. The cars are D&RG and what I would call a maroon (?) Or reddish brown. Can anyone please recommend paint brand/color for touch-up?  Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

NarrowMinded

The krylon brand paint colors always seem to match, I dont know if it is myth rumor or coincidence I thought i read that the prototypes are painted with krylon then the manufacturing plant match it from the prototype, but I also think I read.that wasnt true...

Either way I have had good matches with krylon colors.

One other thing to consider is if your cars have a sllghtly different shade to them, they are more proto typical.

In the real world cars got shuffled around and painted at different times, so as a Result most were not the exact same shade of a particular color.

Nm-Jeff

the Bach-man

Dear RKC and Jeff,
I personally painted most of the Large Scale prototypes, and I did indeed use Krylon, as well as Floquil sprays.  Try Krylon Burgundy for your cars.  A word of caution: all the spray can colors seem to change over time, so it might not be an exact match.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

NarrowMinded

Thanks Bachmann,

I will store that info in the ol brain can as fact no longer fiction.

NM-Jeff