81491 Large Scale Wire information for Loudspeaker connection searched

Started by Schweinebacke, August 31, 2014, 01:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schweinebacke

Hi, maybe some of you folks can help. I have the Mogul 2-6-0, where the loudspeaker is in the tender, today i installed the DCC unit and did not find the cable for the loudspeaker. In the Bachmann DCC wiring connection I see two wires connected to a 2-connector, and the schematics says SOUND CAM. I do not find any instruction of the loudspeaker wired and how to connect with the locomotive.
- is there a pre-installed wire i do not see ?
- if i use the SOUND CAM instead and connect to the 2-connector, where is the connection (maybe soldered) on the board G814X-PCB01 ?
- or am I looking totally wrong ?
Anyhow, looking forward to all of you to help me here.
Thanks in advanced

Juergen
(Sorry for my Englisch, just learned it in school. Greetings from Germany)

Kevin Strong

Which mogul? The 1880s one with the fluted domes and (typically) fancy paint?

If so, there's a 2-wire connector running between the loco and tender. That's the 2 wires from the chuff trigger sound cam on the rear axle of the locomotive. That's what you'd use to trigger the chuff on the decoder. You'll have to refer to the instructions on your decoder to figure out where those two wires go.

As for the speaker, I can't remember if mine had a speaker already installed in the tender or if I had to add one. In either case, there were no electronics in the tender straight from the factory for such a speaker to actually plug into, so if there's a speaker installed, it may have a wire with a plug on it or it may not have any wires connected to it at all.

Don't know if that helps much.

Later,

K

Loco Bill Canelos

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Kevin Strong

Thanks, Bill. Then--yes--things should be as described. Still can't remember if mine came with a speaker installed, though. I don't think so, as a quick check showed different speakers in my two tenders which leads me to believe I grabbed them off my spare parts shelf and put them in.

Later,

K

Schweinebacke

Thanks to ALL,
now i understood what the function of the "sound cam" means.
I will use 2 pin from the 4-pin connector to connect the loudspeaker.
By the way, there have been no device mounted, but the fixing etc. is pre build.
Sincerely
Juergen :)