News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The MRC Prodigy Wireless Remote

Started by chuff_n_puff, October 07, 2007, 05:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuff_n_puff

To all the owners of a new MRC Prodigy Wireless Remote that starts experiencing decoder problems with their locos. It states to recharge the batteries if the charge falls below 4 volts, but that is a little premature as it will behave correctly down to about 3 volts. But it doesn't just quit working, when in low battery state, it starts sending false signals! You may be clicking F12 and it will send a F11 signal, or in some cases will send it to the wrong loco! So before you start reprogramming your decoders, check your battery charge status. It will continue to send signals until the batteries are completely depleted, but not necessarily the right ones. This little ditty is not brought out in the manual!

glsummers

Thanks for the tip. I just purchased the MRC wireless system and that tip will illimate some confusion. So far I think it is great and am enjoying it very much. How about you? Have you learned any other tidbits that will make running the system helpful. Larry

chuff_n_puff

That is the only thing I have found wrong with the system and its not really wrong, just wasn't explained in the manual, if you want to call what they got a manual. It is much easier to go from tether to wireless on this model, as you will be more familiar with its operation. If a person started out with the wireless version then it would take a little longer to get used to. But it is no different from any new system, you learn from trial and error.

glsummers

Thanks Chuff-and-puff. If you got any more good tips as you use the wireless pass them on and I will do the same. I am really enjoying not having to plug in with a tether. It is really neat just to walk around your layout with your wireless handheld. Have a great day. Larry