News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO test track rollers?

Started by VTBob, October 13, 2007, 05:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VTBob

Looking for a test track setup I saw at a train show once. The guy had a 2-10-2 bachmann on the stand & running in place. I'd like to find one of these things for displaying my stuff at shows & at home. :)

Thanks,
Bob
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

Jonathan MacCormack

The item is advertised in the railroad magazines.

Jonathan

jayl1

Bachmann & Aristocraft make rollers that are placed on top of the HO track.  They retail in the $50-60 range but are portable - nice to break in engines!!  Bachmann also makes a "dummy" set of rollers to be placed under wheels that do not need power.

VTBob

is there a link to these rollers?

Thanks,
Bob
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

Dan Love

Here's a link that says Aristo-Craft

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/614-

Bach-man is  good for tips like this.

Dan

Conrail Quality

Quote from: Dan Love on October 13, 2007, 10:54:26 PM
Here's a link that says Aristo-Craft

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/614-

Bach-man is  good for tips like this.

Dan

Error. No Part number Specified

Error, A part number must be specifed when accessing the Product Information script.
If this script was accessed from a link on another page, please contact webmaster@walthers.com and tell him what page the erroneous link was on so that it can be corrected.

This is what I got when clicking on the link. Was there a typo?
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

jayl1

Go to www.walthers.com - advanced search - item # 160-42901 and 160-42902 for the Bachmann and 614-6 for the Aristocraft ones.  I have a set of the Aristocrafts.  The Bachmann ones are a new release.

Pacific Northern

Go to the Walthers site and using their search feature type in "rollers"
Pacific Northern

ta152h0

I have seen those on the MARKLIN side custom made by the hobbyist .Yes, very handy and you can probably make those from pennies .....got me thinking............or thick washers........ball bearings..........aluminum extrusions.....miniature brass screws in the back of the tender for electrical pickyp...........ok, I am done designing this thing, time to build.  ;D

the Bach-man

Dear All,
We have rollers with ball bearings for the moving drive wheels and non- moving "rollers" for tender wheels. They work great, and are less expensive than the other rollers on the market.
Have fun!
the Bach-man