News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

upgrading

Started by Mr. C, September 15, 2014, 02:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. C

I am using the ez command system at the present time #44902 and would like to upgrade to a larger system like the dynamis system.
Any ideas?

Doneldon

Mr. C-

Expansion can occur in either of two dimensions: raw power, with no change in the underlying system's mechanics, and greater versatility, accompanied by an increase in raw power. From where I sit, expanding only the power of a bare-bones system like EZCommand is a waste of money since you can get both more power and more versatility by moving to s different system.

Thus, you can expand the power of your EZCommand by purchasing a larger booster but that is very expensive and you'll still be limited to ten locomotives, ten functions and no programming ability. You can upgrade to Dynamis or another company's entry-level DCC system for less, and get lots of other goodies in the process.

Dynamis is a logical step to take. You are familiar with Bachmann's products and you will have a system with more power and full programming ability. About the only thing Dynamis cannot do is read configuration variables from your decoders, and that's not necessarily something you will need to do. I know many model rails who get along with systems lacking the ability to read CVs just fine.
                                                                                                     -- D

ALCO0001

Hay,
Went from mrc command 2000 dcc system to the Dynamis and it is great . The drawback for me is no pc interface and the batteries for the handheld unit ,but that part was solved by investing in rechargeable batteries and a charger.A good price for hat you get and it is somewhat expandable with more handheld units for more operators ,boosters and has some pretty good power to handle multiple trains on a good size layout.I have no regrets with this purchase.Hope this helps!
Jack