News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann big hauler 90 0100

Started by lynxstrife, September 15, 2014, 06:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynxstrife

Greetings everyone, I recently came into possesion of bachmann big hauler 90 0100 set. I am curious of the value of this. It is in original box and well been opened once and put back and never seen the light of day till a few days ago.

I can email pics if you like and i will post a few here in a little. Thanks!

Chuck N

I did a google search on your number and didn't get much info.  What railroad, battery powered, plastic, metal track, radio controlled, what kind of cars?  Perhaps Loco Bill knows, but most of us need more information.

What little I did find suggested that it was an early battery/RC set if that is the case it isn't worth too much. 
Chuck

Loco Bill Canelos

HI,

Your Santa Fe Set was first introduced in 1988 as was the very first Large Scale
train set made by Bachmann.  It was an amazing set for the time and was battery powered and radio contoled.  It sold for $66 to 90 when new.   Many G scalers bought the set or even several sets just to get the cars and the locomotive at a very low cost compared to other brands of Garden Railway size trains.  Now days the set sells for as Low as $25 and as high as $125 if you have a sealed set in a perfect box and are lucky.  Many modelers used the locomotive as eye candy near a roundhouse or an engine house just as a static display.  I saw several which when painted black and lettered for a favorite roadname looked just amazing.   Thousands and thousands of the set were sold.  Many were sold by toy stores and big box stores like K-mart etc. rather than through hobby shops.   This one single set is single handedly responsible for the biggest boost Garden Railroading ever had.  It is the largest selling G Scale Set ever!

90100*   ATSF   Big Hauler RC 27 mhz   1988   OOP    Freight   7   Ver1   Gon DRGW # 1638   B&O Flat #1525   Bob Cab ATSF#425
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!