News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

steel alloy rail

Started by clan line 35028, September 27, 2014, 01:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clan line 35028

Dear bachmann will there be any more steel alloy rail variations coming out. I would really like to see a few more switches. I find this stuff is great for taking my HO outside. provided i take it in every 2-3 days or when there is rain coming up. and give it a good cleaning.

Doneldon

cl-

I wouldn't look for any expansion of the B'man's steel track. If anything, I would expect Bachmann to stop production. I'm not even sure they put it in train sets any longer.

This steel track has been pretty much rejected by modelers because it requires so much maintenance. Also, steel isn't a great electrical conductor and the black roadbed MUST be ballasted to look at all decent.
                                                                                  -- D

clan line 35028

bugger that. that means i have to go back the drawing board and testing grounds on what is the next best track to use. i will start of with the EZ nickel rail. will keep you posted on the testing.

rogertra

Quote from: clan line 35028 on September 27, 2014, 04:23:55 PM
bugger that. that means i have to go back the drawing board and testing grounds on what is the next best track to use. i will start of with the EZ nickel rail. will keep you posted on the testing.

Nickel silver is considered the best rail to use.

Look in the magazines, nobody uses anything else.

Cheers

Roger T.