New Bachmann Set discovered. INfo needed Bach-Man!

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, September 15, 2014, 09:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi All,

A week ago my friend Wade Colyer discovered a Bachmann Set previously not known by the group. The set was sold by a catalog store called Seventh Avenue with a home office in Monroe Wi. It also has two Brick and mortar stores One in Monroe and the other in Davenport Iowa. The set with the Bachmann number 90063 is a Christmas set.  The Loco #25 with "North Pole" on the tender has cab roof decoration and candles all around the top of the balloon stack.  It is an Anniversary 4-6-0 with Stephenson valve gear.  The Gondola is white with holly leaves and other decorations.  The caboose is a Bobber caboose with the words North Pole on the letterboards and the slant script Merry Christmas on the sides like in other christmas sets.

We do not know when this set was introduced or how many were made.  We need pictures of the box from various angles and pictures of any documentation showing the number 90063.

Any of you out there who can help with info on this set please help us out.   Wade and I would appreciate it.

I will try to post pictures we have soon

Bachmann does not announce these uncataloged sets and sometimes we wonder what other sets are out there we still do not know about.   I am hoping the Bach-Man can help us with this one.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Wade Colyer

Loco Bill Canelos

Good find Wade, that narrows down the time frame for introduction to between 2004 and 2009.  Based on the message you found and the the fact that she just bought it around Dec 2009, I am thinking it must have been in the Seventh Avenue Catalog just that year.  Bachmann did not start putting Annies in sets until 2004, so at least it was out between 2004 and 2009.  She also called it the Seventh Avenue Holiday Express which fits very well since the various Holiday Express sets were the same configuration, Loco, gondola and caboose.

Any one out there have this set??  We need pictures of the box and any other info you may have.

Bill

Wade Colyer

I got the 7th Ave. Holiday Express set in the mail today. It looks unused. The seller had cut up the foam liner to ship the engine in. I never though to ask him when it was first listed if he had the box. I sent him a message and asked some question about the set. I'll let you know if he answers.

Now for the good part. The packing he use for the locomotive had the price tag still on it!
It's dated June 12, 2008, catalog price: $249.00, Now $124.50. I'd say the set was in the 2007 catalog and closed out in June, 2008. At $124.50 I'd say alot were repainted. It's a nice Annie.

Wade

Loco Bill Canelos

Thanks Wade,

Glad you got it in such great shape.  What a great price for a set with an Annie in it.  Even better was the super information you found in the package.  Any possibility the guy still has the box?? and could send a pic??  Too much tom  hope for I guess.

I have to agree on the dates, it makes sense, 2009 obviously is late.  With what you have I am going to list the set with an into date of 2007 in my databases.

Nothing like solving a mystery to keep the hunt going.

Bill

Loco Bill Canelos

Wade,

Just went to post the 2007 year in the databases and it fits perfectly between 2 other sets from 2007, that would cinch the date.

90061   NP&S   Set   2007   ^ Set   Northern Lights with LED's
90063   North Pole   Set   2007   ^ Set   Seventh Avenue Holiday Express
90064   OSHX   Set   2007   ^ Set   Sierra Express  (Orchard Supply Hardware)

Makes you wonder if a 90062 set is somewhere out there that we don't know about.

Looking at all the unused set numbers, there are quite a few in the series, but they never went back to older unused number until in later years.

Bill

Wade Colyer

Hi Bill,

The seller said they received the set to sell without the cardboard box, just the foam insert.

Wade