New to model railroading. want to stop train at certain point.

Started by andyb439, September 20, 2014, 07:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyb439

HI. andyb439 here. am extremely new to model railroading. played with them as a kid and now I have an Idea of running a ho set along my wall just under my drop ceiling in basement. I was wondering, how can I make my train stop for a few seconds at a certain location on the track automatically. I'm very novice to model railroading but I know huge advances must have been made since I was a kid.  Does bachmann make a power supply with memory that will have it stop at a certain point or maybe a section of track that has some type of time delay before it continues.  So it's either someone gives me some guidance or i'll have to have the mother in law hide in the closet and work the throttle when I tell her. any suggestions out there. Thanks.

jward

I believe circuitron makes a device that does what you want.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Hunt

If  you will use one of the DC powered and controlled large scale trains running on #1 Gauge (commonly referred to as G Gauge) track so it can be seen as it runs around near the ceiling, then Click Here for one of several options to stop and go.

NarrowMinded

Hi, i use these very simple timers to stop and start trains.

All you have to do with this set up is place a gap in one of the rails far enough apart for the loco to cross the gap and  stop before the next gap.

You simply connect a wire from the main track to the isolated section of rail

When the wheel of the train crosses the gap the time disconnects power to the isolated piece of track.

When the timer runs out the rail re-energizes and away the loco goes, when it crosses the other gap it does shut the rail off again but sense the wheel is already on the main track the loco keeps on moving.

http://www.artisancontrols.com/Product_Details.aspx?PID=47&Type=Timer

Nm-Jeff

plas man

www.gaugemaster.com sell a Station Stop , this works on most scales mine is on DCC ...
other firms also manufacture similar products .

Bachmann do a auto reversing set in differing gauges .

alan