News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO crossover track

Started by rookie123, September 21, 2014, 08:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rookie123

I really do appreciate all this feedback on this subject. You guys are just awesome. I'll be able to take care of my needs I believe based on all your inputs.

Have a wonderful day,
Rookie

Doneldon

Quote from: JimJim on October 01, 2014, 01:53:19 PM
Jeff,
I respectfully disagree.
As I type this I am running a Bachmann GE 70 ton Diesel Loco DCC Equipped Locomotive (#60613) on address 4 while simultaneously running a Bachmann Analog F7A, on the same controller on the D/C channel 10. Each having independent cab control.
They have been chasing each other around the mainline with no damage, other than the possibility of a crash, for the past 5-minutes.

JimJim-

You are mistaken. You are most definitely not running both AC and DC. Jeff was absolutely correct in his post. The ability to run a single DC loco on a DCC system just means you are taking advantage of a peculiarity in the way DCC works. You would ruin everything if you actually had DCC and DC connected to a common track.
                               -- D

JimJim

AHH!!!
I see where the confusion stems from...
I should have specified that I'm running both an analog direct current locomotive and a digitally controlled alternating current locomotive; feeding a direct current motor through a printed circuit board that converts, single phase, alternating current to direct current, that facilitates independent cab control through an alternating current system utilizing the zero stretching capabilities found in the Bachmann E-Z Command® system.
An apology to all.
"Uhh...I didn't know it was 'impossible' I just made it work...sorry!"