News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 2-8-2

Started by Pacific Northern, September 21, 2014, 02:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

Was there an announcement made that Bachmann was going to release a new HO steam engine?

And it was a 2-8-2 configuration?
Pacific Northern

ACY

United States Railway Administration 2-8-2 light Mikado steam locomotive. Pre-production concept art shown. Baltimore & Ohio, New York Central, Pennsylvania RR, and Union Pacific. One road number per scheme. Models feature medium tender and SoundTraxx Sound Value steam sound package with chuff, short and long whistles, bell, air pump, steam release, and blower. $379. Ready-to-run. Bachmann, 215-533-1600,

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Pacific Northern on September 21, 2014, 02:29:53 PM
Was there an announcement made that Bachmann was going to release a new HO steam engine?

And it was a 2-8-2 configuration?

Looks like another add to my roster, will now order some enclosed cabs and a few other parts so they are on hand when these hit the street.

Any idea as to the release date?
Pacific Northern

electrical whiz kid

Sort of on the pricey side, considering what I paid for the 2-6-0s; also considering the difference in production costs, which are fairly negligible.  Just my own opinion.
Rich C.

jonathan

Release date stated is Dec 2014.  I usually look for a new loco to hit the streets 1-2 months after the projected release date.  I'm hoping to see them at an April 2015 train show or thereabouts.

No one pays MSRP unless preordering.  I have only paid near full price when I absolutely had to have the locomotive in the first wave, for say the EM-1.  My first one cost a whole lot more than the second one. I was a bit anxious on that one.  :) 

Even so, the price quoted for a sound value USRA Mike seems pretty reasonable.  That's just me.

Regards,

Jonathan

West Bound

TrainWorld's site is taking pre-orders. DCC sound value for $224.99. DCC ready for $179.99. -John West

rogertra

Quote from: jonathan on September 23, 2014, 09:48:59 AM
No one pays MSRP unless preordering.  I have only paid near full price when I absolutely had to have the locomotive in the first wave, for say the EM-1.  My first one cost a whole lot more than the second one. I was a bit anxious on that one.  :) 

Jonathan

Jonathan.

You obviously don't live in Canada then.  :)

Here, trying to find even a 10% discount is like pulling teeth, which is why American stores get practically 100% of my locomotive business.

Cheers

Roger T.

electrical whiz kid

Hi Guys;
Just tossing out a casual observation.  Jonathan, I learned long looooooong ago, with my first Stratocaster, never pay MSRP.
Rich C.