what brand of decoder is in the 63775 F&A?

Started by GMSSupvr, September 23, 2014, 11:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMSSupvr

Can anyone tell me what brand of decoder is in the 63775 F7A?
And maybe where to find instruction for the decoder?
Thanks.

ACY

There are three possibilities since I do not know which model you have exactly since I cannot check the item number.
1. If your locomotive has sound then it has a Soundtraxx Tsunami decoder
2. It is possible your locomotive does not have DCC and is merely DCC ready
3. Otherwise it has a Lenz (Bachmann) 1 amp decoder with a few basic features

If it is the second or third case, then no instructions are really required, for the third case F1 is dims the lights and F0 turns them on and off and there are a couple CVs that you can change but that isn't really necessary.

If it is the first case there are papers included listing what function corresponds to each sound effect such as the horn and bell.

GMSSupvr

Thanks!
It is not a sound decoder.
I'll see if I can find anything on a Lenz site.

richg

Quote from: GMSSupvr on September 24, 2014, 12:21:32 AM
Thanks!
It is not a sound decoder.
I'll see if I can find anything on a Lenz site.

A Google search for 63775 F7A? seems to indicate a HO F7. The search here for 63775 came up zero. Not a surprise as Bachmann makes changes.

The documents are right in the Bachmann site. Look around. They are called EZ Command. To my knowledge, the document does not refer to Lenz.

For your convenience, take time to look though all the Bachmann site. Many seem to never do that.
There are forums for different scales here.

Rich

GMSSupvr

Well.........
Sorry about not providing the scale.
It is an N scale engine.
The board shows:      N637X
                              +PCB02A
It seems like the other road names start with the 63, but the next three numbers are different.
This particular engine evidently sold as a set with an engine, two cars, and a caboose.
I have found single engines on eBay where the listings use the 63775 number with an ATSF shell.
Any more of my questions will provide better descriptions!

ACY

The only N scale set Bachmann makes with an F7 is the Super Chief set, however the locomotive included in that set does not have a DCC decoder.
Bachmann offers a Santa Fe F7 for separate sale that includes DCC. The decoder is Bachmann though it uses Lenz technology there will be no info really on the Lenz site. It is pretty much the most basic decoder available and has very few CVs that can be programmed. There is a very short PDF or manual on this site with some basic info but it isn't really necessary since the decoder is so limited anyways.

GMSSupvr

ACY:
"The only N scale set Bachmann makes with an F7 is the Super Chief set, however the locomotive included in that set does not have a DCC decoder."
Looks like this is the one I have.  Set it on a DCC track this morning and it BUZZED.

Thanks for all the replies I rec'd. Great help here for what little info was in my first post.