News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ballast

Started by Spencer, September 30, 2014, 06:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spencer

Hi , am using Ezitrack nickel silver , what is the best way of laying down ballast on this type of track (HO) especially on and around turnouts (full DCC).
Thank You

jbrock27

This you may know already, but don't ballast the moving parts of the turnout.
Keep Calm and Carry On

rogertra

Quote from: Spencer on September 30, 2014, 06:26:49 PM
Hi , am using Ezitrack nickel silver , what is the best way of laying down ballast on this type of track (HO) especially on and around turnouts (full DCC).
Thank You

There have been numerous articles in magazines and books printed on scenery that can answer your questions.

Googling "Ballasting HO scale track" will give you several videos on the topic.

Cheers

Roger T.

Reinhard S

Hi Spencer.

If you can get a copy of the March 2012 Model Railroader, on page 39 Cody Grivno gives step by step instructions on how to ballast.  I used the exact method to ballast my nickel silver EZ track with excellent results.  The most difficult part of ballasting, I found, was to over come the tedium of this task.  Break your ballasting project down into sections is the best way to seeing positive results that keep you motivated.

All the best.

Reinhard

Joe323

I would leave the frogs alone.  In fact I covered the frogs with painters tape when I ballasted.  You careful ballast the outside of the turnouts if you want.