News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Berkshire not working out of the box

Started by Bob914, October 07, 2014, 12:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob914

I just opened my brand new Berkshire 2-8-4 and it doesn't do anything.  I've tried with the plugs from the tender plugged in and out and still nothing.  All my other DCC locomotives run fine and did right out of the box so wondering if I'm doing something wrong.  I'm new to DCC and have the ez command system.  Any advice appreciated.  Thanks much.
Bob

ACY

Look inside the tender to make sure the decoder is not loose and installed correctly, if this does not fix the problem then replace the decoder with the jumpers and test the locomotive with a standard DC controller. Also make sure there are no short circuits and all connections are good, it is possible a wire is frayed or touching something it is not supposed to or not touching something it is supposed to.

Bob914

Thanks very much for the advice.  Upon further inspection I may have bent the pins inside one of the plug receptacles.  My son-in-law, an electronics "guru" is going to take a look at it for me tomorrow.  If that doesn't work, I check the decoder as you suggest.
Thanks again.
Bob

Bob914

Thanks again your advice.  It was the pins that were bent.  Son-in-law straightened 'em out and it's working fine.

GN.2-6-8-0

Quote from: Bob914 on October 08, 2014, 08:47:22 PM
Thanks again your advice.  It was the pins that were bent.  Son-in-law straightened 'em out and it's working fine.

Hot Ziggity!! ;D
Rocky Lives