Contructing a HO scale mountain

Started by TigerMaster, September 29, 2014, 12:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerMaster

I want to construct a mountain with a tunnel on my layout. How do I know the correct dimensions to make it for a HO scale layout?
-TigerMaster-

rogertra

Quote from: TigerMaster on September 29, 2014, 12:47:55 AM
I want to construct a mountain with a tunnel on my layout. How do I know the correct dimensions to make it for a HO scale layout?

That's like asking "How deep is a hole?"

There is no right answer.

My suggestion is to purchase two tunnel portals, single or double track and go from there.  Also, buy some books on scenery.  In fact, buy the books first.  Kalmbach sell a few good ones.  Do you purchase model railroad magazines?  I do that as well.  Lots of good hints and tips in those.

Best of luck.

Roger T.

richg

jbrock27

If he posted his question in the "proper" location Rich, would you then be willing to offer a response to his query?
Keep Calm and Carry On

richg

HO scale is 87 times smaller than full scale. Very easy to do the math.
A lot depends on the size of your layout.
Some who have a layout in the basement of the house sometimes hide a pipe that is used to support the first floor.

In the below link you will find many examples with links you can store in Favourites or Boo0kmarks.

http://tinyurl.com/ml2gjes

Rich

TigerMaster

Quote from: rogertra on September 29, 2014, 01:39:38 AM

That's like asking "How deep is a hole?"

There is no right answer.

My suggestion is to purchase two tunnel portals, single or double track and go from there.  Also, buy some books on scenery.  In fact, buy the books first.  Kalmbach sell a few good ones.  Do you purchase model railroad magazines?  I do that as well.  Lots of good hints and tips in those.

Best of luck.

Roger T.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have the portals and I subscribe to Model Railroader. I will get scenery books.

TigerMaster

-TigerMaster-

TigerMaster

Thank you all for your suggestions? I will post pics of the construction.

TigerMaster
-TigerMaster-