Bachmann Soundvalue 2-8-4 NKP 765

Started by Riviera, September 30, 2014, 10:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riviera

Just picked up a Sound Value NKP765 this evening. It sounded (past tense) great. I changed the DCC address from 03 to 765. The sound is no longer that of a Berkshire. Where can I find the default CV settings info for my new engine? Master CV chart?

:(

richg

Look around in the Bachmann site. The documents are listed. They are hidden in the Parts Page. Take your time to look through all the Bachmann site. There are loads of info.
SoundTraxx site also has the Bachmann sound documents.
Don't forget, there are forums for different scales also.

Rich

Riviera

It's a pretty big website to be perusing. A search function would be handy. Neither Bachmann (as far as I can find) or Soundtraxx site have this decoder listed.

Jerrys HO

Riviera,
Hunt always has great info, you must have missed his previous post in General Discussion.
Here it is....

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,28359.0.html

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Jerry

Riviera

Jerry and Rich'
Thanks for the reply. Actually the information wasn't on either the Bachmann or Soundtraxx websites. I called Soundtraxx Tech Support and verified that. I use JMRI's DecoderPro3 and there is no 'decoder definition' assigned there yet. So what I think happened was that like everybody else does, I kept tapping the mouse to hurry through the setup, and picked an Alco 2-6-0 (default) as the decoder type. So, I jumped on my own grenade.  The CV8 value of 8 did reset the decoder, but I was looking for the default values for the 2-8-4 Berkshire so I had a baseline before tweaking CVs.

Jim