News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis controller

Started by Dieselman, October 02, 2014, 03:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieselman

Thought I would try to get an answer again. My dynamis handheld you wil go crazy on a regular basis and scroll thru the roster when I'm running trains. I've tried new batteries and also reset the handheld but it still does the same thing. It's driving me up the wall after almost crashing a locomotive. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Jerrys HO

Call the service dept. and see if it can be swapped out if in warranty, if not they may be able to help you. Doubt if many of the ole timers here use that system. ::)

Dieselman

I called them and they told me to reset it. I will probably wind up sending it to them. Thank you. I'm an old timer myself but still pretty new to dcc. The guy at the hobby shop recommended the system to me.

hawaiiho

I had mine do the same thing once. I did the reset and it did work for me. NO PROMISES.

It was a pain though, as I had the data for more than two dozen locomotives entered and the reset, if I remember, correctly, erases that.

MY guess is that sending the unit to be worked on by Bachmann would result in the same thing.

Will

Dieselman

Thanks for the info Will, I may try to reset again but I'm not looking forward to entering my roster again. Sorry you had to go thru it too

ALCO0001

If it is under a year old you have a warranty as long as you have the bill of sale . If you reset it and it works correctly there may just have been a

glitch .If not send it back to get a new one they dont repair as much as they did in the past sign of the times!I have had mine for a few years and

fumbled it a couple of times and it still holding up after some minor battery contact adjustments.They should make a rubber cushion to go around it

like they do for cell phones.Idea Hummm???/Anyhow make sure the room your using your dcc stuff is not to moist ,hot/cold ect.. that creates moisture .I also had a few issues with some dcc sound engines because of this .Hope this helps!
Jack