News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis Command Station

Started by oldfella, October 05, 2014, 07:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfella

Quite a few years ago, when I had the money, I purchased a Dynamis System - one handset and the command station. Various health problems stopped the building of the layout but now I am determined to get it going before age stops me. Thing is the Dynamis, whilst new, is way out of warranty. I have been fitting Digitrac decoders to my N gauge engines and tried to program them but found that there is no voltage at the output terminals of the command station - input is 16.3 volts. I can't find anything online to help trouble shoot this problem. The green LED becomes steady when the stop button is pressed, so the 2 units must be talking.
Any help from the learnad gentlement of this forum would be greatly appreciated

Hunt

Try using the green plug with screw terminal instead of the jack.

The power to the track is DCC, which is an AC waveform containing digital information.

For Dynamis it is normal for there to be no power to track when,

• The system is in Service Mode programming.  There will be no power to track except for a moment when programming packet is sent.
  • System has timed out   --  If the line of sight is lost between handset and the receiver the Command Station cuts track power.

oldfella

Thanks for that. Some of the problem was that the Liquid Crystal Display is mostly unreadable, and I was counting
to get to the correct position - in fact I was ending up on the Service Track page, so nothing programmed. I have actually had one loco respond in forward and reverse, but the CV entries are unreadable. I am going to have to see whether I can find a technician who is prepared to open up the handpiece and restore the LCD.
Brian

Hunt

Using strong light and magnification if necessary -- Check both battery compartments for damage, battery leak corrosion and connectors not making good contact.  The connectors are flimsy and sometimes do not seat properly against the battery poles.

The handset eats batteries. Suggest using quality heavy duty rechargeable batteries.