News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

G scale 2 truck shay wiring diagram.

Started by Stonedog47, October 08, 2014, 10:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonedog47

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a detailed wiring diagram for the 2 truck shay? I have finally got the new loco out of the box after 12 years of gathering dust. It seems to run ok but the lights are not working and the wiring diagram in the manual is not very good.

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi,

Unfortunately, the wiring diagram that comes with it is the only thing I know of out there.

It can be difficult to use, but I used colored pencils to trace the wiring with good success.

I am moving to Denver and mine is packed a way, and I can't remember if there was a separate switch for lights or not, anyone out there remember????
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Kevin Strong

According to the parts diagram, there isn't a switch for the lights. The only switches under the smokebox door are for the smoke unit and motor polarity. The wiring diagram for the 38-ton Shay is online at http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/LARGE_SCALE_38-TON_2-TRUCK_SHAY.pdf, but I'm not sure if that's the same vintage as the one Stonedog has, so it may be different. I installed R/C in one not too long ago, but ended up gutting everything so I could fit a larger battery in the bunker. Pulling the bottom of the firebox off will make it easier to trace the wiring from the bunker to the boiler.

Bill, you leaving MO for the mountains of Colorado? Cool!

Later,

K