News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ command control system

Started by bill collins, October 21, 2014, 06:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill collins

The F8 button on my EZ command controls the engine noise on my locomotives. When my locomotive starts up the sounds are great, but as I increase the throttle, the engine noise increase almost to a siren pitch and never decreases until I reduce the speed and stop the locomotive. If I push the #8 button, all engine noise stops. Bell & horn still work fine. Is the #8 button suppose to control the engine noise, or is something else going on?  It's a new Bowser locomotive.

hawaiiho

This is a function of the decoder installed in the particular locomotive. In this case it appears that  your decoder uses f8 as a mute function.

Your best bet, as this is a Bachmann group, is to verify the brand of the decoder and maybe some one can point you in the right direction.

If my memory is correct, new Bower's unless  you or someone else installed the decoder, if dcc & sound, they come with  LokSound decoders installed.

Will

jward

in sound decoders there should be an adjustment for sound volume. but the ez command won't let you program this adjustment. best bet is to find somebody, or a club or hobby shop with a full dcc system capable of programming decoders and have them make to adjustment for you. I would think there would be documentation included with the locomotive that tells which cv should be adjusted for sound volume. or at least, something that will point you to online documentation.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA