Resetting Bachmann sound decoder CVs

Started by Hunt, September 30, 2014, 06:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunt

Resetting the sound decoder CVs to their factory default value is a two-step procedure.

1)  Program CV 8 to 8 (can use either Service Mode or Operations Mode programming)
   2)  Cycle power to the decoder by turning power to the track off and back on

After about six-seconds upon restoring power the headlight and backup light will blink simultaneously 16 times indicating that the CVs were successfully reset. However, if sound or lights come on immediately upon restoring power, the decoder did not successfully reset. Repeat the two-step procedure.

Alternate method to turning power off and back on to track.
Carefully tilt locomotive and tender to the side until all wheels loose contact with one rail. Hold the tilted position for at least 30 seconds so all capacitors have time to drain. Now lower locomotive and tender back to normal position on rail.

MarkInLA

Thanks for replies. As I said I haven't been too active lately. But I do recall those resets. Other is CV 30 to 2 if I recall. I may have even tried that a half a year ago. It's the pretty good chuff rate I  don't want to mess up in, was it, CV 116 ...But i'll get read outs for things I have set, first, then do the 8 > 8 trick. Something tells me it ain't going to help. Boy, yesterday I happened onto the Sierra Valley RR on youtube. If you want to see and hear real steam toots and whooooos check that out ! Mark
PS I asked why mine has no bell. Since found for some reason Bmann doesn't add a bell to the undecorated model which I have, but didn't catch this when I bought it. Odd though.