News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ N scale track

Started by myke794, November 21, 2014, 10:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myke794

What is the CORRECT way to secure EZ "N" scale track to the plywood board?

James in FL

Hi myke794,

There is no "correct" way. The best way, is to do it is as you have the means and supplies.

Track nails work. Open the holes from the top with a 3/64 bit one on each end about one or two ties in and one in the middle. You don't need 3 tacks per section, one in the middle will do. Look for the holes in the ties. Don't nail tight to the ties, and check rail gauge everywhere you tack. If you're going to ballast, nails can be removed afterwards.

Caulk works. Use a type that stays pliable, you don't want to use any type that fully hardens. I like pure clear silicone. My first choice.

Hot glue works. Either along either edges, or a bead right down the middle. Hot glue gets harder than I like but still track can be removed later on for changes. Not my first choice, but very effective.

White or yellow glue works. Apply same as above. Water will soften if changes are needed. Gets hard.

Double sided foam tape works. When removing for changes, can be labor intensive to remove as some always wants to stick to the track and some to the ply.

Aleene's tacky glue works. Never really sets up, I like better than white or yellow glue. Easier to remove.

The true "correct way" is the way YOU feel most comfortable with.
It's YOUR railroad.

Good luck